Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Succulent Wild Women

 This book is my glowing invitation to you -- to live a rich, succulent life! I explore love, sexuality, romance, money, fear and creativity.  Succulence is powerFull! and so are we as women. ~ Sark

Being  a succulent wild woman ~ the thought makes me smile...

Sark's books were introduced to me some years back and I fell in love with her colorful, honest, playful style of writing. Her books are a light in our world, offering wisdom and creative juices,
using uncommon humor and authenticity...best of all they are brimming with inspiration!!!
Years ago,  this book succulent wild women came into our circle and my friend and co-blogger Maureen, decided to host a succulent wild woman party. It was an opening to invite women of the community to share in a succulent sisterhood.  The book was our inspiration, encouraging womens need to care for each other.  Sark writes that one of the major blocks to succulence is jealousy, cattiness and women competing with one another.  She stresses women should be nurturing one another and giving each other encouragement, love and support in every way.
It was decided that we would invite women who we admired, and wanted to start NEW succulent friendships with, a way of reaching out of our comfort zone...here are the tempting invites...


Those who dared to be succulent came out to Maureen's house!
We gathered together in the spirit of succulence and shared in an evening brimming with...

laughter, laughter and more laughter

silliness and play, (these "drunk" glasses and feather boas made for a great icebreaker)
we played a game of "would you rather" as a way to get to know each other...of course it ended in fits of uproarious laughter!
shared stories...

we also spent part of the evening crafting little books, (we bought plain memo books and had loads of fancy papers and images to decoupage them with), then we passed them around the group and each person took a page and wrote something kind and wonderful to the others, (for some of us it was a first impression, or many first impressions).   It was wonderful to read the strengths and gifts others recognized in you. I still have mine as a reminder when I need it.


and of course we indulged in a decadent succulent wild woman goddess cake ~ I tapped into  my succulence and  this fresh flower covered queen emerged!



This one single evening resulted in some fabulous new succulent friendships!!  Our community of women friends just grew and grew as a result of this night, (you should see the guest lists at our parties!!!) 
It take courage to reach out of your comfort zone and seek fabulous friendships as women, sometimes it's downright scary...we would encourage you though, if you can, (and we believe YOU CAN), to reach out of your own comfort zone and have a succulent wild woman party of your own.  Invite the women you already love, the women you admire, and the women who just look like kindred souls!

Sisterhood is a powerful force uniting us  ~ in all our our  strengths and weaknesses, in all of our light places and dark places, in all of our sorrow and all of our joys ~ let us join together on this wild succulent journey of being a woman. Let us remember the importance of being kind to one another, to encourage and support each other and to reach out to women around us in the spirit of sisterhood.

This summer I challenge myself and I challenge all of you beautiful, witty, sassy, artistic, loving, and real women reading this ~ yes that means you!! to embrace Sark's inspiring words, setting an example for all of our young woman and each other...
Sark coaxes out our succulent, wild woman with these invitations ~
celebrate your gorgeous friendships with women
reinvent your life if it doesn't feel juicy
weave you life into a net of love
be rare, eccentric and original
be delicious
tell the truth faster
roll down bright green grassy hills
find those places inside that jump for joy
do things that bring out your most magical self
paint your soul
bath naked in the moonlight
discover your own goodness
do it for love
drive away fear
write full hearted notes to women you admire
giggle with children 
reach out
know you are enough
you have enough
you do enough

In the sisterhood of wild succulent women
~Shanti~


Don't forget to go and enter our Rainbow Gnome Giveaway!!!!  Just leave a comment under our Giveaway post to enter.  If you are a follower on here or facebook you can enter DAILY, (or from the time you become a new member of our clan)...don't be shy now, leave multiple comment entries...these gnomes need someone just like you to care for them!!!  Winners will be announced on Monday June 14th!!!

25 comments:

  1. I LOVE Sark -- I sent her how to be a parent cards to my sister in law and my bff from college for Mother's Day this year!! I had the how to be an artist poster up in my classroom when I was an elementary art teacher : )

    xoxo
    pink and green mama
    MaryLea

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am going to have to read that book...sounds wonderful! and the party looks like heaps of fun! i'm also entering again for the precious little gnomes :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny you should post about this Succulent gathering...it's been on my mind lately. Somehow connected to blogging and community. It was such a fabulous gathering that created the gift of new succulent friendships. And those friendships also blossomed amongst our children. Pure fabulous MAGIC! I still plan on framing that gorgeous Succulent invitation, now that we finally have our home back! And I LOVE that little glimpse of Youngest Son, embracing his own baby brand of succulence :-) Once again, what a great idea in sharing this, Shanti. I HIGHLY recommend creating and celebrating sisterhood in this way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful thing to do! This post is so very inspiring! I'm looking forward to reading more and hearing about the great connections you're making.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog--I'm so glad to find your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a fabulous way to celebrate the kindred spirit of womenhood amongst us!?! looks like a lot of fun ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh. My. Goodness. And I mean goodness. How could I have forgotten this gathering...it was right at the beginning of my friendship with Maureen (V must have been 2 or 3 months old!!)...I slept on the squeakiest bed in history, and laughed myself silly. SO warmed to remember this fun, uproarious night. Looking forward to September's 2nd annual creative retreat...

    ReplyDelete
  7. i hope that you feel especially succulent in your new necklace from my etsy shop! you are the winner of the giveaway!

    http://cypresssun.blogspot.com/

    and yes...i'll accept this challenge - to welcome more inspiring women into my life and living room.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Sark, too... Such a wonderful gathering -- I join you in spirit from California!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just got your comment! Thanks for the pic compliment!

    Succulent gathering? Oh my, where was my invite. I am all about kickin' life up a notch. Need to check out that book!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh YES! I love this idea. You all look like you are having so much fun. A really inspiring post...I'll be back!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I read this post and thought what a great idea, but not for me. I would never find a collection of women that would buy into it. And then I thought a little harder and different people kept on popping into my head. Maybe I should read the book...you never know!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Maureen
    I want to be invited!!! Shame I am over here in Australia! I am a big sark lover too. She rocks!! Please set me a place at your next gathering, and I'll be there in spirit!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Get the professional Wikipedia editing services for your blog or you can get the page for your book, if you are a writer it will be very helpful for your readers

    ReplyDelete
  14. สล็อตออนไลน์Nice post! This is a very nice blog that I will definitively come back to more times this year! Thanks for informative post.

    ReplyDelete
  15. สล็อตวอเลทI have read all the comments and suggestions posted by the visitors for this article are very fine,We will wait for your next article so only.Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  16. สล็อตเว็บใหญ่Excellent article. Very interesting to read. I really love to read such a nice article. Thanks! keep rocking.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  18. สล็อต ฝาก-ถอน true wallet ไม่มี บัญชีธนาคารTook me time to read all the comments, but I really enjoyed the article. It proved to be Very helpful to me and I am sure to all the commenters here! It’s always nice when you can not only be informed, but also entertained!

    ReplyDelete
  19. บาคาร่าวอเลทVery informative post! There is a lot of information here that can help any business get started with a successful social networking campaign.

    ReplyDelete
  20. สล็อตทรูวอเลทThank you because you have been willing to share information with us. we will always appreciate all you have done here because I know you are very concerned with our.

    ReplyDelete
  21. สล็อตxoThanks for a very interesting blog. What else may I get that kind of info written in such a perfect approach? I’ve a undertaking that I am simply now operating on, and I have been at the look out for such info.

    ReplyDelete
  22. เว็บสล็อตเว็บตรงThank you because you have been willing to share information with us. we will always appreciate all you have done here because I know you are very concerned with our.

    ReplyDelete
  23. เว็บ ตรงThanks for a very interesting blog. What else may I get that kind of info written in such a perfect approach? I’ve a undertaking that I am simply now operating on, and I have been at the look out for such info.

    ReplyDelete
  24. เกมสล็อตI have read all the comments and suggestions posted by the visitors for this article are very fine,We will wait for your next article so only.Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  25. สล็อต เว็บ ตรงPretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon. Big thanks for the useful info.

    ReplyDelete

We ((LOVE)) your comments!!! Thank you with all our hearts for visiting us here at Twig and Toadstool. xo

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails